Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5-25-10

In this video, we saw an example of how the internet has changed over the years. It's interesting to think of the things we used to do face-to-face and the things we do now online. The only real internet communications I use are facebook and my email, but I know a lot of people who use Skype, Myspace, Twitter, AIM, and many more. I would rather talk to someone in person or on the phone because it is so easy to misread or misunderstand something online. There is no way to tell someone's tone of voice or see their facial expressions in many of the internet communications we have. I will most likely use Skype when I student teach in Argentina to talk to my family and friends, but other than that, I will most likely use the phone or talk to someone in person. I do enjoy communicating during facebook and email because they are both very quick and easy to do. Sometimes it's hard to find time to talk on the phone or the person is far away. If I don't have a timeline for my conversation, facebook is ok. I also like that online networking websites allow us all to see pictures and videos along with conversations, but the applications and games that people use are starting to become more frequent than the things I am interested in.

I'm not really a fan of blogs. It's a little funny that I'm saying this while I'm typing in a blog, but most of the blogs I've read seem pretty useless. I'm not all that interested in what random people are thinking about random subjects. I have read a few blogs from friends who studied abroad, but those are the only ones I'll probably read.

No comments:

Post a Comment